Hawaiian Airlines crew

Hi!
I went to Haneda International Airport today to pick up my friend from the states. While I was waiting for him at the arrival gates, I saw the blue aloha shirts used by Hawaiian Airlines crew and saw two pilots waiting with them. As it was my first time seeing Hawaiian pilots, I took the opportunity to talk to them and ask a few questions. They gave me wonderful advice to not give up and told me good things about ATP when I mentioned it that it was my number one choice so far. Getting to know them more, I noticed the female captain was Japanese, and I was really happy about it. Just when I was about to ask her what her name was, the rest of the crew arrived and they seemed to be in a hurry so I could only say thank you. If there are any Hawaiian pilots in the forums who know a very nice Japanese lady thats a A330 captain, I would sincerely appreciate it if you could teach me her name! Thank you.

Riki,

@adam is our resident Hawaiian airlines pilot! If you have any further questions you can always ask away here. Glad to hear you had a cool experience with them. That’s one thing I love about this industry, pilots love to mentor others.

Hannah

1 Like

Riki,

I’m glad you had a pleasant experience meeting our crew but we actually have many Japanese female pilots at Hawaiian. In fact percentage wise we have more female pilots than any US airline.

Adam

1 Like

Hana,

Thank you so much! They really motivated me even more!

Riki

Adam,

Wow, thank you! Thats an amazing thing to hear!

Riki