Hello Everyone!

Hello!

I wanted to just introduce myself. My name is Marc and I will be starting the Fast Track Program at the BJC location this September. I’m excited and anxious to get going. I am very glad this forum exists and it has helped me navigate and answer questions that have cropped up. It seems to be a very positive space.

I am coming from the medical field, and to be quite honest, experienced complete burnout last year. I needed a change and it was time to find something that made me happy everyday again. I was taking a few private lessons and it just felt good to be in the cockpit. There’s just so much more perspective up there in the sky.

I will likely get my butt wooped but I plan on being tenacious and smart. :slight_smile: I look forward to connecting and sharing.

All the Best,

Marc E.

2 Likes

Marc,

Welcome and congrats on your upcoming start date! Many spend years dreaming never taking the leap and you have just done that.

You should be getting your box of materials soon if not already and know your next steps is knocking out written exams and having the required day one material completed. Beyond that, let us know if you have any questions as you get started.

Hannah

1 Like

Hannah,

Thanks for the reply! I’ve read many of your posts and I think they were great! :pray:

I passed my Private Pilot Written close to when I decided to put in my notice at work. I did well and I felt like I mastered most of the concepts. The most significant reason I feel this way was I had 18 hours in the pilot seat with my CFI. I learn the best by reading, and then doing.

I started doing some of the recommended test prep for the Instrument Written and the Instructor Instrument Written. It almost felt like I was just memorizing test bank questions. There would be explanations, but it really doesn’t sink in. It’s taking me way longer.

It seems almost everyone I’ve communicated with encourages me to take all the written exams before I even start. Is the pace of the Fast Track Program so brutal that it’s almost impossible to get through without taking all the written exams?! Am I doomed before I even begin? Be frank please.

Best,

Marc

Marc,

Welcome to ATP and congratulations on your September start date! One of my best friends from my younger years is just pursuing his career in the medical field, studying in Mississippi. I cannot imagine the burnout you’ve experienced; I know he puts a LOT of time studying when he is not attending classes/labs/etc.

It seems you found your method of studying during your Private Pilot written, but every written post Instrument there isn’t much learning as supposed to simply memorizing the question and answer. Since you enrolled into ATP, you should have access to your Student Extranet and resources to help you study. We recommend Sheppard Air because their method works, it has been proven and continues to carry success amongst a lot of students. If you are able to efficiently and effectively (best score possible) complete the writtens ahead of September start date, I couldn’t recommend it enough.

Please keep us posted along your journey and as always…we’re here to answer any questions you may have.

Brady

2 Likes

Marc,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for the introduction. I am glad you have found this forum to be helpful. If you have been on here for some time, you know what I am about to say next. You have several weeks between now and your start date, get cracking on those written exams!

Let us know how we can help you along the way.

Chris

1 Like

Marc,

You are not doomed! lol

There is plenty of time during the program to take the tests while enrolled. I took all of mine this way. Trust me. You will be fine. You already have a leg up for passing your PAR and making progress on your IRA and FII.

I learn like you. I need to experience it. If I had tried to take the written tests before the program my momentum would have been slowed by the IRA and FII test questions too. Don’t get discouraged. You have accomplished a lot already.

Tory

1 Like

Thank you all for the advice! I will continue towards completing as many written exams as I can (I’m still working full time), but I’m not going to berate myself for not being able to do all of them. :wink:

Best,

Marc

Marc,

Absolutely, just do your best. I only had my PAR done when I started. I just stayed one written ahead and it worked fine for me. During private I was working through the IRA. During instrument, the CAX… etc. I was ahead enough that I wasn’t feeling pressure from the deadlines but still did the exams as I progressed in the program.

The program is meant to have the exams taken as you go. It’s simply a way to lighten your load ahead of time if possible.

Let us know how else we can help you get started. That’s what we’re here for.

Hannah

1 Like