Horizon Pilot Development Program

Sincerity is another good point. How can they trust that the person they are considering for a position has integrity if they sense that the applicant provided an insincere answer to a simple question?

1 Like

That was actually very smart of you to provide an answer before providing a real answer. Sounds like you were able to get them to volunteer some more information before answering the question which helped you feel more comfortable saying “not Horizon or Alaska.” :wink: Totally an okay answer in this context.

Tory

1 Like

Sam,

No worries,I Haven’t had an interview yet. Thank you so much for the info!

Marcus

Sam,

The funny thing is Horizon/Alaska would be my first choice. I’m a life long resident of the PNW. I hope they believe me😂

Marcus

1 Like

I’ve been on interview panels so I’ve got a little insight to share. Its not a loaded question at all, it’s to gauge your honesty which is a big deal. If Horizon and/or Alaska truly are your goal then say so (and explain why). If not be honest and say what your goal is. You’d be surprised but after you do these interviews for a while you get a good sense of who’s being honest and who’s trying to tell you what they think you want to hear.

I’m going to disagree with Tory regarding prefacing your answer with another question, statement or anything else. Interview panels have to get through a number of prospects. They know what they’re asking you and they know why. What they want is an answer to the question. If they want you to expand they’ll ask. If they want a story they’ll ask that as well. What they don’t want is you explaining to them what you think they think.

Adam

Sam, I was granted an interview and would love to hear about your experience and questions, etc

Thank you

Mariya

Hi Mariya,

Were you able to read the thread above? I did say a bit about my experiences and the questions that were asked during the interview. If you have any other specific questions after reading the thread, let me know.

With that said, my experience has been very positive thus far. They linked me up with a current Horizon Air captain as my pilot mentor and Horizon has checked up with me monthly since I accepted a position in program. Everyone seems very friendly, including during the interview which definitely put me at ease.

Sam

Yes Sam thank you ! I’m not sure how I didn’t see all the posts it before _ first time on this site so technologically challenged I guess :crazy_face:

Sam,

Update: I’m having a Phone interview with Horizon pilot Development Program today! Hopefully this is good news! Hopefully all is going well with your flying:) take care!

Marcus

It’s good to hear hiring has resumed after the announcement of the fleet consolidation.

Good luck, Marcus!

Tory

1 Like

Thanks Tory!

Marcus,

How did the phone interview go?

Chris

Chris,

It went really well! I have been invited for a second interview in Seattle,in person!

Marcus

Congrats Marcus. I’m surprised there are 2 interviews. If you get the position, I’m sure you can take advantage of their Horizon Air Day at their headquarters in Sea-Tac this summer. They have 1 each week thoughout the summer where they invite members of their Pilot Development Program. It sounds fun and I can’t wait to attend myself.

1 Like

Sam,

Thanks Sam. Ya not sure on the two interviews :man_shrugging:t5: But I’m definitely excited I get to go to the HUB and interview! That event sounds great! Happy flying!

Marcus

1 Like

Well, I was officially accepted into the Program! Thanks to everyone for the wealth of info! Happy flying:)

Marcus

1 Like

Congrats Marcus! How exciting to know you’ll have somewhere great to “land” after all your hard work through training and building time.

Hannah

1 Like

Thank you Hannah!

Congrats Marcus, perhaps I’ll see you yet at Horizon Day. I scheduled my day in August.

1 Like

Where do you schedule that? Thank you!