How Can I achieve my dream to become a professional pilot?

Hello,
My name is Rachel Samwel Aggrey. I’m a 21 years old girl from Africa, Tanzania and my lifetime dream is to be a professional pilot.
I was about 4 years old when I traveled with my mom from Dar es salaam City to Arusha City in Tanzania. It was my first time to fly on a plane and the pilot on the cockpit of that plane that day was my late uncle and from that day’s flight experience I knew that it’s the career i want to pursue, I told myself that I must fly too someday.
I graduated from high school in the year 2016 in my country, Tanzania and my parents didn’t have enough funds to send me to a flight school so I searched for scholarships from different organizations and tried to go to different government institutions in Tanzania to ask for help but I couldn’t get any. So I applied to Metropolitan Community College in Kansas City, MO last year and got accepted. My parents asked for loans and I joined MCC last year fall semester. I’m currently an international student here in the U.S taking my associates degree in engineering. I’m hoping to transfer to a 4-years university to get an aviation degree but I don’t know how I can get a scholarship and I still want to become a pilot. I haven’t given up on my dream. So how do I achieve my dream of becoming a professional pilot from here? Thank you. I’m hoping to hear from y’all and get your advice.

Rachel,

To work as a pilot in the US, you will need to either be a US resident or US permanent legal resident.

Financing is often the single largest obstacle for most prospective pilots. Most people overcome this by taking out loans. I am not aware of any scholarships for flight training.

Chris

Thank you so much Chris.