How do I get started

Hi guys I’m Angela I’m 19 years old. I was wondering if now was the right time to start reaching towards my goal to become an airline pilot. I’ve been doing a lot of research & I know this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I’ve just been having a hard time getting started because of financial issues etc. any advice is greatly appreciate it. People are telling me to go towards my private pilots license first because of my age what do you guys think?

1 Like

The first thing you should do is get your degree. You can’t be an airline transport pilot until 23. You can do an aviation degree if you are absolutely sure. But it’s probably better to do a different degree so you have something to fall back on.

2 Likes

Angela,

I recommend you take some time browsing the forum as it will surely answer most of not all your questions. I’d start here first: https://airlinepilot.life/c/Ask-your-questions-and-get-real-answers-from-real-pilots/frequently-asked-questions

Adam

1 Like

Angela,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. I would recommend that you complete college before doing anything else. The majors want to see a four year degree, so you are better off getting it now while you are still in school mode. After that, we suggest finding a school with fast track training.

I would also point out that you need to go take an introductory lesson. It is one thing to think that you want to fly, it is another to actually fly an airplane. You can do this at an ATP location or at most local flight schools.

Chris

2 Likes

Thank you guys so much I was actually going to school for nursing so I should get my RN degree first then try to go to a fast track pilot training school that sounds like a great idea