How do you know what to do if the plane is having difficulties

How do you know what measures to take if there becomes a problem with the plane while in flight

Gina,

Lots and lots of training, combined with very extensive checklists that cover just about any situation possible. Almost each individual issue that could develop has its own checklists.

Chris

1 Like

Thank you Chris for answering that cause that was one of my biggest fears with regards to flying the plane

Gina,

As Chris said, as pilots that’s what we train for. In fact once (if) you get to the airlines dealing with malfunctions and emergencies makes up the majority of the training. As a pilot it’s critical that WHATEVER problem presents itself you address it calmly. I’ve had a view situations where I’ve seen pilots get “excited” which can only make the situation worse. You need to trust your training and address the task at hand professionally always.

Adam

1 Like

Hi Chris, I have a question about checklist.
I was watching some videos on YouTube, landing, approaches etc. I noticed that pilots, when announcing checklist, push the button on the panel and the checklist appears digitally on one of the screens. Do all aircrafts have “digital” checklist and do you still have all of them in print in case of emergencies?
Thank you

Nugzari,

No not all aircraft digital checklists, in fact most don’t and some have them just for emergencies. In most cases if there’s digital it’s in lieu of paper, but some will direct you to paper (or tablet) for more information.

Adam

Thank you, Adam

The airplanes that I have flown have all had paper normal checklists and paper emergency checklists. The A320 does have digital emergency checklists, but we back them up with paper ones.

1 Like

In glad that they have them so this way you already can just know what to do thanks chris❤