I am 23, and I'm lost

I am 23, living with my mother, no job, and cant even open a bank account with good credit(score: 524, I am also a United states citizen who was born here…), I want to do this full-time. How?

Colton,

Visit our FAQ section and take a look over here at the following link. It’s a great place to start.

Adam

1 Like

I cant even get approved for without a co signer…

Good evening, Colton,

Financing is the largest obstacle for most. Flight training is expensive, scholarships are scarce, and not everyone will qualify for financing even with a co-signer. That’s the harsh reality. My only suggestion to you would be to find a job, work hard, save up, build your credit score or perhaps find a co-signer with a better credit history.

Tory

Colton,

With no job, no bank account and a credit score of 524, you will most definitely need a co-signer.

Adam

Colton,

Before looking at flight training, I would suggest that you find yourself a bit first, like looking at why you do not have a job. Flight training is a serious commitment, it takes somebody who is very motivated to make it through.

Chris

1 Like

Colton,
You will need a co-signer. Getting a job, starting to save some money and boosting your credit score should be your top priorities. You didn’t mention if you have a college degree? If not, you could start working on that at a community college and work part time. It may take years to qualify for the loan, if at all. It’s up to you to decide how hard you’re willing to work to make this dream a reality.
-Hannah

2 Likes

What is a minimum credit score requirement to obtain this loan for flight training?

Bry,

I’m not sure if there’s actually a min score and if there is it varies from lender to lender. What you need to understand is these loans are unsecured and therefore require a very strong credit history.

I suggest you contact ATP directly and speak with the finance dept. They’re the experts and can best advise you.

Adam

Bry-Kees,

You would have to ask the banks. They might give you a range. The score is one thing. Credit history is also considered.

The only real way to find out if your credit is worthy of a loan is to ultimately apply when you are ready. If you are not ready, practice good credit habits while you can.

Tory

1 Like

Thank you for the advice. I don’t have credit at all yet. I’m just now getting a credit card sadly😔