I finished the first 3 writtens in 4 weeks and so can you

Vivian,

The FAA Knowledge exams are good for 24mos. If you’re confident you’ll be starting training soon and will complete the training within the 24mos (the program takes 7mos) then by all means. If not Id wait till you’re certain you are.

Adam

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I’m shooting to start ATP in January. To get my tests done before starting, I believe I read I need to have my deposit and start date in order to get the endorsements from ATP. Is that the process?

Correct. But you could also get an endorsement from Sporty’s (and then Sheppard Air for the rest) by submitting 2 or 3 practice tests with scores above 90.

Also if you’re thinking of starting in Jan you really want to start the process sooner than later as slots do fill up. Further if you’re looking to start with credit for you PPL know that you need at least 78hrs of flight time.

Adam

Vivian,

ATP is currently booking several weeks into the future for start dates. If your goal is to start in January, I would start the process very soon.

Chris

Logan,

For the Sheppard Air’s IRA test prep software, did you use the recommended Sheppard’s app from the ATP preparation web page? Or was it a different program from Sheppard?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Scott,

Whether you use Sheppard on a mobile device or tablet or PC, I believe you still have to pay Sheppard for the login credentials for each exam prep course. I used my laptop, personally, but it doesn’t really matter which screen you look at the questions on. I imagine a phone would be too small for looking at some of the images, though.

Logan

1 Like

Is the advice to follow the Sheppard study flow as described in their program and not even bother with the explanations or concepts for now. Just pass and learn it during the program and flight instruction etc.
I want to make sure I’m being as efficient as possible. TIA.

Yup!

Straight rote memorization.

Adam

1 Like

Vivian,

Follow Sheppard Air’s Study Strategy to a T and you will be fine, it’s all rote memorization, you will learn the material when you get into your knowledge and flight training.

Brady

1 Like

Vivian,

The study strategy worked for me, but I can see how it may not work for everyone. Use it to your advantage, but do what works best for you.

Tory

1 Like

Also, in order for ATP to give you an endorsement, you have to have the orientation completed, 59 videos in total.

Sportys will give you an endorsement, but only if you spend the 200+$$ and get there PPL package. Not just the Private app.

1 Like

Logan, you was referring to a refund regarding foreflight? How do you get that? Finish a certain written prior to the program or what?

Keaton,

Assuming Logan was talking about this, I screenshotted it right from ATP’s webpage that Tory linked above:

Brady

Thanks Brady. I tried looking it up on the ATP website but didn’t look hard enough obviously. Thanks though.

1 Like

Not a problem Keaton, things pass by me too. I guess that is why there’s at least two pilots in the flightdeck before pushing back from the gate. :wink:

Brady

1 Like

I’m very new…

I start school at ATP Lawrenceville, GA at the end of January.
Without forums like this its tough to know what to study and how to begin this process for the most successful outcome. Thank you sincerely for providing these little nuggets which will help to get me on the right track as I begin!

3 Likes

You definitely won’t regret getting started early, even if it’s just the first exam. Give it a shot.

Melvin,

Welcome and congratulations on a start date in January! I was once in your position coming to the forum and found it resourceful prior to my starting.

Please let us know if you have any questions of your own. :smiley:

Brady

Melvin,

Welcome to the forum and to ATP! Please ask us any questions that you may have and also please keep us up to date on your progress through the program.

Chris

Melvin,

Congrats on your start date. We’re so happy for you and are here to help!

I did CFI school at the LZU location. Great place to learn!

Hannah