I need help

**strong text**So currently I am pursuing a career in firefighting but love aviation. What routes can I take to experience what it would be like to be a pilot before I go all in or it gets to late.

Jacob,

Well for starters you can check out the Flying the Line section of this
forum. Then I would schedule an introductory flight at a local flight
school.

In order to provide you with better guidance it would be helpful for us to
know your age and education.

Tory

1 Like

Jacob,

There’s one way and only one way. You have to go flying (and no sitting in the back going to grandma’s for the holidays doesn’t count). Take an Intro flight and you’ll have a much better idea.

Adam

1 Like

I’m 19 and currently enrolled in college.

I’ll be sure to look into local places. We have a regional airport that has a flight school.

Okay. I recommend staying in school for now. Complete your four year degree before enrolling in flight training. This will buy you some time to figure out which path to reach your goals is best for you. We can tell you that we recommend enrolling in a full-time, fast-paced program (like ATP), but it doesn’t necessarily have to be. There are other fast-track programs out there. We recommend those because they work, but again, you have to figure out which path is right for you. Some prefer to get there ratings one-by-one at a local flight school. To each their own. Take some time on the forum and decide for yourself. There is a lot of good information in here.

Tory

1 Like