Ifr books

Hi I started my ifr training and I would like to know what books should I buy that are good to read for ifr thank you.

German,

I’ve always been a fan of the Jeppesen Instrument Commercial manual (very detailed and well presented) but I would ask your instructor.

Adam

2 Likes

German,

I second Adam on both accounts.

Chris

1 Like

As both mentors said, the Jeppessen Instrument Commercial book is amazing! I also would recommend the oral blue book (The IFR one is red). I’ve seen many people post that they don’t like the ASA oral books but I think that they are a great supplement to your primary training tools. The IFR pilot’s handbook is pretty decent as well. Also another little supplement to have is the pdf sheets on pilot cafe. But I remember reading on someone else’s post about it that some of the information is outdated and to research the information to make sure that the info is still applicable. The mentors answered this question great but I thought I’d just give my 2 cents :grin:

2 Likes

German,

The Instrument Know It All Handout is a good tool for memory aids. It is outdated though. Cross check the info against current publications and verify with your CFI.

Tory

3 Likes

Thank you