Intro and Required Exams

Hi everyone!

First of all, thank you so much for all the advice and useful information that you guys post in this site. I’ve been gaining a lot of knowledge just scrolling through these posts for the past couple of weeks.

This is my first post so I probably should introduce myself. I’m 21 and currently a junior in college studying mathematics. I have always wanted to be a pilot since I was little, but it just did not seem feasible. For the past couple of years, especially in college, I’ve been looking into other professions, but nothing really stands out to me. I took classes ranging from sciences to economics to engineering to architecture and etc. Throughout it all, I have always wondered what it would be like if I could be a pilot. And that is how I ran into ATP online, and I’m planning to enroll in long island as soon as I graduate.

I was wondering if one of you could elaborate more on the exams that I’d have to take before and during my time in ATP. I’m just a bit overwhelmed with school, but I would like to know more about what I could do while I’m finishing my next few semesters in college. Sorry I’m a bit late in the game but I’d appreciate all the support I could get in this journey!

Haifa,

Welcome to the forum. I recommend you visit the FAQ section as it will surely answer many of your questions. As for required exams there really aren’t any that are required. That said the training is intense so we recommend if able you complete some (if not all) of the FAA Knowledge exams (there are 6). Doing so lightens the work load significantly.
https://atpflightschool.com/faqs/acpp-prep-written-knowledge-tests.html

Adam