Investigation or not?

As im filling out airline applications for first officers and regionals im finding myself very confused. Some backstory: i was a crew member in an faa investigation of alleged non compliance with atc clearence. I was called by the FISDO and answered the some questions from the POI. The captain received counseling but faa investigator determined i was not at fault and never even mentioned me In the report. Called him up the other day and we looked at my faa record and its spotless, no LOI, not even a “no action” in my file from an investigation. My company however gave me a warning letter anyways.

I now come accross the questions about wheather ive been investigated by the faa. Do i need to disclose this if its not even on my faa record? Id rather not get tossed out 2nd day of indoc.

Thank you for the responses.

Cameron,

Your call but I’m a big fan of full disclosure. I’d say yes and explain. It sounds like a non event but saying it never happened when it did could be a problem.

Adam

Cameron,

I would be honest and then explain when questioned about it. You can never go wrong with honesty.

Chris

Cameron,
I think the answer should be yes. You were a crew member involved with an FAA investigation. It turned out you weren’t at fault and nothing went on your record but you were investigated. Either way, answering truthfully will show your honesty and likely the company will respect that and not dig any further. While answering no and then finding out it was a “white lie” or omission could be grounds for serious repercussions.
-Hannah

Good evening, Cameron!

I agree with the others. It’s always better to be upfront and honest and let the interview panel decide if it’s worth discussing further. If you are ever asked to explain, again honesty and ownership is key. If it really is a non-issue then being open and honest about it should be the least of your worries.

Tory

Thank you all for the advice it helps a lot. Ive seen a few of you have been involved in hiring. Do you think the company warning letter given the outcome with the faa will be am issue?

Thanks for the advice.

Cameron,
I haven’t been on a hiring board so @Adam can speak to that. However, I wouldn’t think it would be an issue. Since you selected yes on the application it will have to be discussed but if the letter found you not at fault and not even mentioned it should be a non issue.
-Hannah

Cameron I think you’ll be fine. Many pilots get investigated. It’s the outcome that matters.

Adam