July, 2021 Schedule

For July I had 79 hours of pay. I was pretty happy with this schedule.

1. Off
  2. Sick
  3. Sick
  4. Sick
  5. Sick
  6. Off
  7. Off
  8. EWR-ATL
  9. ATL-DEN, DEN-RNO
  10. RNO-DEN, DEN-MSY
  11. MSY-ORD
  12. Off
  13. Off
  14. Short call reserve
  15. EWR-ATL, ATL-ORD, ORD-IAH
  16. IAH-PDX
  17. PDX-IAH, IAH-MIA
  18. MIA-EWR
  19. Off
  20. Off
  21. Short call reserve
  22. Deadhead to BOI
  23. BOI-ORD, ORD-LGA
  24. Off
  25. Off
  26. Off
  27. Off
  28. Off
  29. Off
  30. Off
  31. Off
2 Likes

I know that you have probably answered this question before but, the schedule that you pick is A319/A320 specific? They won’t have you fly an A319 one leg and the next leg fly a B737-800?

Billy,

That’s correct. Even though a pilot may be type-rated in multiple airplanes, the company only allows pilots to fly the plane that they are assigned to. If a pilot wants to fly a different plane that pilot would have to place a bid for their preferred aircraft, seat and base. The bid would then need to be awarded and the pilot would then need to complete training. The pilot is officially assigned to a new aircraft upon successful completion of training.

Tory

Billy,

I only fly the A319 and A320 right now. To fly any other type of airliner requires several weeks of training and the FAA only allows pilots to fly one kind of airplane at a time. Good question.

Chris

1 Like

I see on the 11th you ended in ORD, do you get deadheaded back home or do you have to find your own flight home?

The company provided me with positive space travel to my home of Norfolk, VA. I was paid for deadheading back to EWR, as that is my base, but went straight to ORF instead.