Real Answers from Real Pilots

June ‘20 Schedule

81 Block. Should receive about 109 credits for the month. 12 Days off. Not going to lie, I’m getting a little jealous of @Tucker’s and @JLascomb’s schedules :wink: Next month will be light though. I bid for a reduced credit line to make room for the wedding near the end of the month.

Some good news, Horizon will be operating the 175 in the state of Alaska which is exciting. It will require special training for those that wish to be part of the operation. Not sure if I will do it yet. Bidding should open in August.

Tory

1 Like

I heard about that Alaska flying. Will probably be some of the coolest flying any US regional is doing for awhile!

Agreed. It would be cool to be apart of it. I just need to get some questions answered before I bid for it. The flying sounds cool. My quality of life is what I’m questioning.

Tory

Ahh I see how that could become some kind of issue. Do you know if they are basing people there or just rotating them thru?

Well in the current environment, more flying hours means your company is doing something right! Congrats on the Alaska flying as well - that should be fun. It’s a good thing that plane likes the cold haha

There will not be a base in Alaska. They will be creating a base within a base (SEA). Again, I still need to figure out what the pros and cons are. I have a feeling it will resemble a satellite base within SEA. I just don’t want to ruin a good thing if I don’t have to even if the flying sounds fun because for me my quality of life is more important.

Tory

1 Like

Do you guys “construct” your lines by bidding what trips you want on what days, or are the lines prebuilt and you bid certain lines in preference order?

Dan,

Most if not all airlines use PBS software (Preferential Bidding System) to construct pilot lines. You enter your preferences (pretty much anything you can imagine) and based on the available trips, your preferences and of course the almighty SENIORITY a line will be built.

Adam

1 Like

Dan,

The lines are not prebuilt. I bid on PBS with preferences and PBS tries its best to honor them, but it is prone to user error so there is a learning curve and it’s also based on seniority so you don’t always get what you want anyway.

Tory

1 Like

We still have the good old prebuilt line packet! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Really? Who knew?

Adam