King schools

The king schools app is free but the courseware is not. Which package should I buy or is that included in the cost of training? Are there any hidden fees I can expect? And on a side note for those with a 1st class med… dont ever get it revoked it’s a pain in the ass to get back. I’ve got $2500 into getting it reinstated and still dont have a definitive answer if I will or not. Lost it when I was 16 due to being on prescription meds at the time and now the hoops I’m going through is a costly experience to say the least.
Thanks

Shawn,

ATP will enroll you in the King Schools courseware once you give your $995 initial deposit. This comes with all the modules needed to study for your Private Pilot - so there’s no need to spend unnecessary funds to purchase additional packages, and nope, there are no hidden fees (at least none for me…yet lol)

Michal

1 Like

Shawn,

As Michal said, all your courseware is included and available once you enroll, pay your deposit and select a start date.

Not sure how you lost your medical at 16 (not my business) but I’ve had mine for 30yrs now and have no intention of losing it :wink:

Adam

Adam
I started flying at 12 was on track to solo at 16 and get my ppl at 17. Got my medical but was taking a prescription med that apparently the FAA says is a no no. Now it’s a waiting game to get the FAA to approve it. A costly one at that. Turned 28 last August and decided to finish school and my pilot training and I’ve been back and forth with the FAA ever since. Bureaucratic nonsense at its finest. Note to self… dont ever loose this thing again. When I get it back that revocation shouldn’t be a limiting issue when trying to get with the airlines should it? Hell it was over 10 years ago
Thanks

Shawn,

It is not a question of ever “losing the medical” again. If you had maintained a first class medical, but started taking a prohibited prescription, your medical still would have been revoked. If you had not taken the prescription, the underlying diagnosis might very well have also disqualified you from flying.

Chris

Shawn,

I don’t see your medical history being an issue. While I appreciate your experience may be frustrating, it’s your responsibility to adhere to the rules. You were taking a prohibited medication and yes that’s something the FAA takes seriously.

Adam