KOGD Update

Bennett,

That is awesome! Congratulations!! Do you happen to have a picture of the big day?

Chris

Sadly no pictures… I was trying to cool off after the flight and distinctly not interested in going back out for photos. 94 degrees and full sun makes the Seminole a great greenhouse!

Congrats! Enjoy CFI!

Another update! I am a Commercial Pilot, Airplane Single & Multi Engine Land, Instrument Airplane, and now a Certified Flight Instructor!

2 Likes

Bennett,

Major kudos! Serious accomplishment!

Adam

Bennett,

That is fantastic news! Congratulations! Just a few more check rides to go to finish things up.

Thanks for the update.

Chris

Already have my Instrument Instructor ride scheduled, next Wednesday! Time to start studying again…

So, another update. CFII was a bit bumpy. I busted the oral on a couple things (if you’re flying the G1000, make sure to teach about it!). Got my recheck done Tuesday, and the winds were 21g31, so I discontinued. Finally got to do my flight yesterday, and passed! I think it was the most fun I’ve had flying for a checkride. It still hasn’t hit me yet that the next time I fly an ATP Cessna, I’ll be at Indoc. Multi Engine Instructor is next, and then I’m DONE!

Congrats Bennett!

Yea that oral can be a bear as EVERYTHING is on the table. Nice job sir!

Adam

Bennett,

That G1000 looks like a rather complex system to me. Congratulations on passing the II ride. One more to go.

Please keep the updates coming.

Chris

Bennet, so for your CFII what exactly did you go over when teaching the G1000? Just want to make sure I don’t miss small details.

Josh,

I taught all of the normal instruments first, then connected that to the G1000. I started with the pitot/static, then the gyro. Then I brought up the User Guide to the G1000 Nav III on my iPad and started pointing at stuff on the screen, showing how the information was there, just displayed slightly different. I touched briefly on the ADC and AHRS (just basically said they’re there, and magic box), and went into slightly more detail with the redundancy and display backup.

Hope that helps!

Perfect

1 Like

Glad to hear it and congrats! I made the jump to ATP about a month and a half ago and I’ve loved it ever since… Got my Comm SE this coming Fri :slight_smile:

Coming here to hijack this one apparently. Passed Comm SE. I’ll start my own threads from now on I swear :wink: love ATP and y’all rock. :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Ryan,

That is fantastic news! Congratulations. What is next for you?

Chris

Final update!

7 months, 14 days: Program Finished! Private, Instrument, Commercial Single-Engine, Commercial Multi-Engine, Certified Flight Instructor, CFI-Instrument, Multi Engine Instructor.

Now… waiting to hear from corporate on timing for Indoc!

3 Likes

Bennett,

Wow!! That is fantastic! Congratulations on a job well done, truly impressive.

Chris

1 Like

Keep us posted!!! I heard it’s primarily a seniority based system for finding a base (crazy it’s almost like its modeled after the airlines… haha) so I’m curious what’s open. Once I’m done fingers crossed I can get Falcon Field and live a little closer to home… :slight_smile:

Thanks! Currently on lunch break for day 1 of CFI ground school. I’m not sure if THIS is the first class in a few months to do CFI before multi or if we’re one of the first few but apparently as of recent it was Comm SE, Comm ME, then back to the CFIs…