Logbook correction

Very simple, I made a some mistakes logging time building for instruments rating, and I corrected them using liquid paper!. I have Been told this is not right so, what do you recommend doing?

I’ve always been taught to use a single line to cross out (so the error is still legible) and initial with the correction. Something I do as CYA but I also keep a piece of copy paper in the back that I notate the date of the error, date i corrected it, reason for the correction and (if applicable) the person that can verify the error and correction. That’s just something that I have done in my years of the fire service.

Luis,

Tom is correct. The FAA wants to see your error and they recommend a simple line with initials so they can see what you originally wrote. I don’t know how many corrections you made but if it’s a huge block of time you’ll be fine (I think I did the same thing way back when). I would even put a post-it with details (again signed) if you’re ever asked.

Adam

Adam

Luis,

Not much you can do now…unless it’s possible to remove the liquid paper cleanly, which I doubt. If anyone asks just come clean and say that you were not aware of the proper procedure until after.

Tory