Logbook missing

Gentlemen- I am a licensed Commercial pilot with Instrument and multi engine ratings and over 2,500 TT on various aircraft such as the DC-3, King Air 90’s, Bonanzas, Piper Aztecs, Comanches, etc., but no turbine time In a residential move awhile back, I lost my log book that had all my hours I earned while flying in the AF. Can I still pursue the Regionals with these ratings if I cannot substantiate the hours? I am just north of 70 years old and have a Regional that wants to bring me on board to fly SIC on a King Air 90 with glass cockpit but we did not discuss logbook time. I figure I have a good ten years left in flying. What are your thoughts on this dilemma?

Gabriel

Gabriel,

My thoughts are a log book is based on the honor system and you’re not the first you lose one. That combined with the fact you’ll strictly be sitting right seat I’m thinking be honest with your future explorer and as long as you have your medical and license you’ll be fine.

Adam

Gabriel,

I think you simply need to have an honest discussion with your future employer. I think you might be misusing the term “regional” as that applies to regional airlines, none of which fly King Airs and all of which would be subject to the FAA’s age 65 rule. Perhaps you mean a charter company?

Chris

Gentlemen, thank you. I stand corrected on the Regional category-I did mean the Charter firms, my apologies for the oversight. I will discuss with my potential ER.

Gabriel

I know the Jet guys here don’t always like to admit it but your BE-90 time is turbine time.