Low cost carrier career

Hello Mentors!
So my cousin just got hired by Frontier with out a degree and also holds an R-ATP as he’s only 22 (ATP graduate didn’t instruct, but flew crop duster and banner towing in Indiana). With that being said, what is your thought about his ability to get hired by Frontier, and would it be possible for an applicant to get hired by a LLC with out a Degree on hand? I would be happy to stay with a LCC as long haul flights really not my stuff!
I’m looking foward for your inputs!!!

Khanh,

I’m confused by your question? You say “So my cousin just got hired by Frontier with out a degree” and then ask “would it be possible for an applicant to get hired by a LLC with out a Degree on hand?”. Clearly it is but it is a LCC. While you go on to say “I would be happy to stay with a LCC as long haul flights really not my stuff!” the question becomes is getting paid half of your peers at a Major “your stuff”?

Adam

1 Like

You need to be 23 and hold an unrestricted ATP to work for frontier, that aside sure you could probably get on at an LCC without a degree but most likely not a legacy

1 Like

Khanh,

I don’t really have much input to add. You answered your own question.

Tory

1 Like

Adam, apologize for my confusions in my question. I guess I’m pretty dumb to ask a question that’s been answered :sweat::sweat::sweat:. Anyway, thanks for your input.

Khanh,

You could probably get on at an LCC without a degree, but I highly doubt that you would be happy there for the rest of your career. Pilots at those airlines make significantly less than pilots at major airlines, in addition to not have the same work rules or contract protections. There are reasons that the legacy majors are highly sought after positions.

Chris