Major confirmation

Is it of if i take criminal justice as a major and go for pilot after graduation

Fahim,

I think you’re asking if it’s ok to study criminal justice and the answer is yes. You can Major in whatever you like.

Adam

1 Like

I’m not a pilot but from what I have seen here, the airlines don’t care what your degree is in.

That being said, I am currently a police officer. I feel I can offer some advice on that topic.

1. You don’t want to be a cop. My coworkers don’t want to be cops. I don’t know anyone who isn’t looking for other jobs unless they are a few years from getting their pension. I don’t want to be a cop, hence why I am on this forum haha.
  2. With that out of the way, I would tell you not to major in Criminal Justice. 20 years ago a degree in Criminal Justice might have been a baseline to be seriously considered for an officer position but today officers are leaving at a very high rate. Agencies are taking anyone with a pulse to replace them. I am looking at new officers who’s trainers recommended against putting on the street yet the brass passes them through because they need numbers. You do not need a degree to get hired in the criminal justice field, let alone a major in the field. A criminal justice degree doesn’t really get you any other job besides a cop and if you are already planning on being a pilot and not a cop, then what’s the point?

I would major in something that is universally applicable/useful and minor in criminal justice if that still interests you. That way you can dabble in the criminal justice field of study and still be able to easily get a job there if you want yet not have to dive into a four year program that is only good for one job.

1 Like

Fahim,
If criminal justice is something you’re passionate in, go for it. You really just need a four year degree from an accredited university. It’s up to you to decide what you major in.
-Hannah

1 Like

Fahim,

As the others have said, the major does not matter. Mason brought up some interesting points. To each their own. I guess it depends on what you intend on using it for, but at the same time if it interests you that’s really all that matters.

Tory

1 Like

Thank y’all for providing me all these info . Because i will graduate this year and I’m so confused about my college degree . I am obsessed with aviation and pilot things . And wanna work for all international flights. But not sure what i am gonna take for my college degree.

Fahim,

Have you read our FAQ section? There is quite a bit of information there that can help you. As we have said, the degree major really does not matter, pick something you are interested in.

Chris

I have a bachelors in nursing and am looking to make the switch (hence being here as well lol). Definitely a topic I’m interested in as well.

Russ