Real Answers from Real Pilots

March ‘19 Schedule

87 Hours, 97 Credits, 12 Days Off

March was a grind! Long trips. Late nights. Made the best of it though. Salt and Smoke BBQ in STL. Sushi the size of my forearm in GEG. Girlfriend drove up to PAE for the day. Spotted an ATP Seminole while I was up there.

1. SEA-PDX-DAL
  2. DAL-SEA
  3. SEA-PDX-SEA-RDM
  4. DH to PDX, PDX-BIL-SEA
  5. SEA-RNO-SEA
  6. SEA-FCA-SEA-RDM
  7. DH to PDX, PDX-BIL-SEA
  8. SEA-RDM-SEA, DH to GEG
  9. GEG-SAN-STL
  10. STL-SAN-GEG
  11. DH to SEA, SEA-STS-SEA
  12. SEA-RDM-SEA, DH to GEG
  13. GEG-SAN-STL
  14. STL-SAN-GEG
  15. DH to SEA, SEA-STS-SEA
  16. DH to PDX, PDX-OAK, Shuttle to SFO
  17. SFO-PAE-LAX-PAE
  18. PAE-LAX-PAE
  19. PAE-SJC-PAE-PDX-SEA
2 Likes

Was the sushi you had from The Wave by chance?

1 Like

Madeline,

IT WAS! The Big Unit I think they called it.

Tory

1 Like

Tory:

How often are you at PAE? I’m scheduled to start there in August.

Dorian,

Hard to say. That was the first month I had been. We just started operating out of PAE. I’m scheduled to fly there twice in April. One is a turn. The other a 12-hour layover.

Tory

YES! Did you finish it in under an hour and get it for free? I live East of GEG about 2 hours but will make the drive for their sushi.

Say what!? Haha they made no mention of that.

HA! Those sly dogs.

What day did you see that Seminole at PAE? That might’ve been me out there!

1 Like

Kyle,

I THINK it was Sunday? It was just after sunset. I watched it taxi passed the terminal and hold short of 34L at A6. Couldn’t make out the tail number.

Tory

Tory

Are you a dash 8 pilot? I saw In your schedule a flight to KRDM, my home airport.

Props are for boats. Tory is a jet-captain :slight_smile:

Nicolas,

E175.

Tory

Tory,

Congrats on your recent upgrade at Horizon. I’m planning to move to Portland when I finish my military obligation and would like to apply to Horizon. Do you have any thoughts on the Pilot Development Program and have you seen any pilots make it through to Horizon? Is this program equivalent to ATP’s tuition reimbursement program but available to students or CFI’s at other schools?

Thanks for you time,

Phil

Thanks, Phil!

Yeah! It’s similar to ATP’s Tuition Reimbursement Program, if not the same thing with a different name. You just have the option to do your training at any of the partnered schools. I’ve met quite a few pilots at Horizon that have gone through both programs.

Tory

Tory,

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know if the Horizon recruiting department can provide a list of partner schools? I’ll be applying with commercial and looking for a location to work as a CFI. It would be even better to apply for the PDP and receive some funding toward my CFI ratings.

Phil

Phil,

That’s a good question. I don’t know if they post the list of schools online. Off hand I know Hillsboro and Central Washington are on the list. A quick phone call to the recruiting department would do the trick.

Tory

Tory,

Great, thanks for the help. I’ll give them a call on Monday.

Phil

No problem, Phil. Happy to answer any other questions you have.

Tory