Material and Equipment

Hello,

I just recently started Flight School to get my PPL. However, I was wondering if someone has an advice as far as a good headset for someone who just started. In addition, I am between two schools right now (I’m comparing both of them) since I just recently started.These schools use different brands of study materials: Jeppesen and Gleim. Is one better than the other one?

Henry,

Headsets have been discussed thoroughly on this forum. If you spend some time on here you’ll find a lot of helpful information on the subject. My two cents, although you’re just starting out, if you plan on making this a career you might as well invest in a quality headset.

As for your second question, “better” is subjective. All depends on personal preference. Some like digital. Others like hardcopy. I’d say whichever one you prefer is best.

Tory

1 Like

Henry,

As Tory said there are MANY opinions on headsets. Personally for me it’s Bose or Dave Clark’s. If your serious and planon doing this for a career invest in the Bose. If your notor not sure you can’t go wrong with Clark’s.

I’m a huge fan of Jeppesen as we still use the services at the airlines. They’re industry standard but again opinions may vary.

Adam

1 Like