12. PAE-OAK-PAE-LAX
  13. LAX-PAE-PDX, DH to SEA
  14. SEA-FCA-SEA, DH to PDX
  15. PDX-SFO-SNA-PAE
  16. PAE-SFO-PAE-LAX
  17. LAX-PAE-SAN-PAE, Drive to SEA
1 Like

:+1:

I don’t know if you’d want to but if you so choose would you be able to Deadhead to SEA on the 7th and be able to sleep in per se before your flight on the 8th or is the schedule set and you’re stuck at Spokane for the day?

Tom,

My schedule changed on the 8th. I woke up to find out we were deadheading instead of working the flight. Even still, the company doesn’t like it when we take matters into our own hands and LIMO (unpaid deadhead) ourselves in the middle of a trip because our schedule could change. If it does and we’re not where we are supposed to be, it could potentially mess things up.

Tory

Never thought of it that they could use you in Spokane if needed and switch your trips around. Thanks for the insight!

1 Like

Quick question. As a comuter, if you only have 2 days off in Between flights, do pilots normally go home or do they stay in a hotel/ crash pad. Also one more quick question, if you end up in a airport other then your home base, and you don’t have to fly back to your base, can you just fly home from the base you ended up at? Obviously if you have some time off until your next scheduled flight.

Keaton,

I don’t know what most commuters normally do if they only have two days off between trips. Probably depends on the situation.

My airline lets us “LIMO” at the beginning and end of a trip or drop our deadhead, in layman’s terms. Dropping the deadhead allows us to non-rev ourselves to wherever we choose.

Tory

Keaton,

Your choice. If you feel like going home for the day then sure. If not you don’t. If you end up elsewhere than your base the airline is required to DH you to your base. You can choose to get yourself home directly but some airlines require you to get “released” from your DH because technically you’re still on duty.

Adam

Thank you Adam and Tory for the info!

1 Like

Keaton,

I would most definitely go home for two days off. No disrespect to the fine people of EWR, but I am not spending one extra minute of my life there.

If our trips end at another hub, we are allowed to book a positive space ticket back, meaning a confirmed seat.

Chris

I actually enjoyed my time in EWR but if you saw the season premiere of The Last OG this week apparently Tracy Morgan agrees with Chris. He’s looking for a place to live and NY seems out of his range so someone suggests EWR. His response is perfect but I can’t repeat it here :wink:

Adam