Real Answers from Real Pilots

May ‘21 Schedule

The two IB Days are Union Duty days for hotel sourcing.

1 Like

Tory,
I am guessing the very first time for each start day is the airport show time. Is this correct?

Joshua,

You got it! Showtime is always 45 minutes prior except for Day 1 of a trip. Day one show is 1hr prior. Showtimes are not flight deck times. Showtimes are on airport grounds times.

Tory

Tory,

When you do arrive at the airport, is there a certain office you have to go to or just notify someone that you are on airport grounds? I am sure this may be different when not in your home base.

On Day 1 we have to Check In which is done on our phones. After Day 1, no check in required. We are expected to be at aircraft 30-40min prior and on deck 20-30min prior depending on departure time.

Tory

Joshua,

At my airline, for domestic flights we meet at the airplane one hour prior to departure. For oceanic flights, we meet in the Flight Planning Area an hour and thirty minutes prior to departure as the flight planning for those flights is more entailed.

Chris

1 Like

Tory,

Thank you for explaining that. It has been on my mind to ask.

Chris,

Thank you. I was wondering if there was a Planning Area. I understand why it isn’t used for domestic flights.

Hi, I’m trying to better understand the type of hours listed and believe you get paid for “credit hours”? If so, do you get paid at the same hourly rate for all of the credit hours? Are per diem payments in addition to this amount and based on the total time away?
Another question, if you end up staying at home/with friends on a layover assume the airline saves in hotel costs. If so, do you receive any credit back? Thanks for all your clarification.

Ravi,

Check out this thread, I believe it answers all of your questions:

https://airlinepilot.life/t/what-do-pilots-really-earn/16495/2

Chris

Ravi,

Yes. I am paid the monthly credit value at my hourly rate. I’m also paid for per diem (not my hourly rate…less than $2/hr).

If I don’t stay at the hotel that the company provides, I am not credited anything back because the hotel is never at my expense.

Tory

PAE to SEA, taking an hour and 20 minutes? Must have been outside of rush hour :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl: took me a minute