Meteorology Course

Hello all,

I will keep this short because I know you are all busy. I am still in college planning on heading to ATP after I graduate. My school requires a lab for all students and I am wondering if it would be a good idea to use that as an opportunity to take a meteorology course.

Thanks,
Drew

Drew,
That’s a great idea. During my time as a CFI, I noticed weather was the most commonly missed subject area in mock checkrides. It is a subject that you will need to know and apply throughout your entire career. Having a strong knowledge would be a big advantage plus it helps keep you safe in the sky.

-Hannah

1 Like

Absolutely. Meteorology would sure be a lot more helpful than geology would :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chris,

I wish I would’ve taken a Meteorology course in college, instead I took Astronomy. I think taking a Meteorology would’ve put me a step ahead when it came to understanding weather patterns and how weather is created. I vote for taking it too!

Brady

1 Like

Drew,

Count me as an aye as well. Weather is obviously very important to a pilot and IMHO the FAAs required knowledge is less than adequate. Definitely an important knowledge base you’ll be happy you have.

Adam

1 Like

Drew,

A resounding yes from me. Most of my students cringed before their weather ground lessons. It was definitely an under-appreciated subject.

Tory

1 Like

Makes sense, I’ll take the course. Thanks Hannah!

-Drew

Haha sounds good. Thanks Chris!

-Drew

Yeah, I was thinking about astronomy, but then I saw meteorology and thought I would see what all of you think. I’m content sticking to my telescopes and books in my backyard lol.

-Drew

1 Like

I see, I will make sure to come in with a solid understanding. Thanks Adam!

-Drew

Yes, I definitely don’t want to be one of those students. I will make sure to be ready. Thanks Tory!

-Drew

1 Like