Military RATP

Any one here know if you can obtain your RATP through this company? Im a military pilot and qualify/meet the RATP requirements.

Matthew,

If you already meet the R-ATP requirements you have to choices, you can complete the ATP-CTP course with ATP (then complete the Knowledge and Pratical exams) or get hired at a Regional and they’ll do all your training.

Adam

Matthew,

As Adam said, if you meet the R-ATP minimums you may pay out-of-pocket to complete ATP’s ATP-CTP course or go through an airline that will pay for it in return fly for them. The other option is if you find a charter/corporate company that is willing to pay for it in return of your commitment to them.

Brady

Copy all; I suspected this but wanted to confirm. I’m waiting on an answer from Atlas if they wish for me to obtain this on my own or if they can/are willing to push me through their ATP program.

Matthew,

I quickly went to Atlas Air’s website and looked up their First Officer requirements etc. Based on what I see for candidates without ATP certificate, they will cover the ATP-CTP course for selected candidates. Since you are R-ATP, I would wait on their answer as they will know more directly than what I can find.

I would reach out to other companies as well, keep your options open - especially in today’s time.

Brady

Matthew,

If you meet all the R-ATP requirements, I would apply to your airline of choice and have them pay for your ATP/CTP training along with the initial. If you’re talking Rotor Transition (RTP), that gets a bit more complicated but still pretty much every regional has a Rotor transition program that will get you all the training you need as long as you meet all the hour requirements.

Hannah

No I’m referencing the restricted ATP. That’s essentially what I’m trying to do but don’t wanna go the regional route. I really liked the idea of getting a 747 type ratting out of atlas.

Yes this is what I’ve been referencing. They will hire with out ATP and put you through the training but they don’t specify if RATP is allowed etc.