Real Answers from Real Pilots

Moving Along!

Hello everyone!

I started my journey at ATP from zero-time at KLGB in August 2020. Since then, I have had three consecutive checkride passes and I am now officially a commercial pilot as of yesterday! The commercial stage was a great experience. It built confidence in my abilities all while getting to see some awesome locations. I remember browsing these forums when I was a sophomore in high school and now looking back, time has moved so quickly! I am about to begin ground training for CFI Academy in a few days and I am super excited. Being 19 years old it feels very intimidating, but I am excited to have students under my “wing” one day

6 Likes

Ryan,

That is absolutely fantastic! Congratulations! Welcome being a professional pilot. When are you expecting to finish up the program?

Chris

1 Like

Excited for you, Ryan! Thanks for the update. Let us know how we can help.

Tory

1 Like

Kudos Ryan! Keep up the great work!

Adam

1 Like

Congrats Ryan! Great picture! You’ll be flying that one day!

-Hannah

1 Like

Ryan,

Congrats on the CSEL and three consecutive checkride passes! Carry that momentum forward and continue working hard, it will pay off!

CFI Academy is fast-paced, remember to take some personal time during it to give your mind a break, drinking plenty of water, and eating food. Keep us in the loop for how CFI Academy and CFI Initial Checkride goes. :small_airplane:

Brady

1 Like

Chris,

Thank you! I am expected to finish the program in June. Very excited.

Ryan

Brady,

Thank you for those tips. I really lucked out having two other roommates in the student housing that just completed CFI Academy so I have a good idea of what to expect now. I will keep the forums updated!

Ryan

Wow this is really cool! I am 22 and will be enrolling in ATP Kansas City next summer hopefully! I’m super excited. That was a pretty short time frame there. What was it like?

Thank you!

It is pretty accelerated, but after putting in all the time and studying, it is a great feeling getting handed that certificate! It can be stressful at times, but I recommend establishing a good support system with other students. This has helped me a ton. I was grateful to have a few other students near the same progress as me. Having different insights and being able to quiz/help each other can be very helpful. You’ll have a great time! It really does fly by. I came from Wichita, KS to Long Beach, CA to train but I am actually looking into instructing in Kansas City! Might see you around!

Ryan