Real Answers from Real Pilots

My Custom Program Experience

Awesome! I’m curious :face_with_raised_eyebrow: what kind of ingenuity we talkin?

Tory

1 Like

Ryan,

Awesome news brother! I found RYY a fun airport when I was down for my CFI class; also enjoyed the lake. Best of luck on your MEI!

Brady

1 Like

Ryan,

That is fantastic, congratulations! Almost finished. Thank you for the update.

Chris

1 Like

14CFR 91.119 and 14CFR 91.155 precisely.

Just waited an extra half hour for the ceilings to lift enough to make it out towards clearer skies to perform the maneuvers at a safe altitude :+1:

Thank you to all y’all for the well wishes and support! Looks like MEI should be done in about 2ish weeks. I’ll see y’all soon I suppose :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Yea I love RYY and the instructors there are the bomb

1 Like

I love how you answered by giving us the regs :smirk:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Way to get it done! DPEs like to see pilots working in the solution and confident in their abilities as a PIC. Good luck with your MEI training! Remember, always protect the airplane: have your feet on the rudder pedals with a bit of pressure against the correct rudder. If your student hits the wrong one, you’ll be preventing it from going any farther and catch their mistake. Failing engines low with throttle, block that quadrant.

-Hannah

2 Likes

Smart smart :slight_smile: My instructor would always keep his hand under the prop/mixture when we did simulated procedures… Thanks!

1 Like

:grimacing:

Did the cost of attending come down? And at what point of the program did they start you off into, I see you mentioned a weeks worth of sims to build time for comm? I’m super curious about this now, because this would be where I would be coming into. If you don’t mind me asking you about the cost. Thanks for this post!

1 Like

No worries! Approx. $30k was deducted for my PPL/IR but that number isn’t just a simple flat #. It depends on your PIC time, your AATD time (if any), XC time, time in model, etc etc.

I did about a week of IR sims/flights so they could ensure I was proficient, and then went straight into crew and started from there. Was a ton of fun and while before I started I had a few hesitations about the accelerated nature of the program, after I did crew I felt energized and ready to take it all on :+1:

2 Likes