Naples, FL Location

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone on here has a start date scheduled for the location in Naples in the near future, or if anyone in the past has attended this facility has any advice or experiences they could share that may help make my decision.

I just recently finished my training over in Naples and am now in CFI school. I really enjoyed attending the Naples location. The instructors are great and very thorough. Naples is a much smaller location than most ATP locations, however you really get to know everyone. The airspace is very relaxed and easy to learn in. For me personally, I am really glad I chose Naples. If you have any specific questions let me know and I can try to answer it for you.

Great, thank you Tyler!

Being smaller, do you think it is easier or more difficult to stick to the timeline described? Or does it not make a difference?

Thanks for your feedback!

Thank you for the review!

I think it depends on the particular student. If you show up prepared, get your writtens done asap, and are willing to put in the work, then you will have no problem being ahead of schedule. I have friends at other bigger locations and I always had an easier time staying ahead of schedule vs them. I also feel like the instructors have a lot more flexibility at the smaller locations, as long as the student is putting in the work. The only problem we have at the smaller locations is the occasional delay for maintenance. We do not have an ATP maintenance facility so sometimes we have to wait a few days to get our planes fixed. But if that happens just keep working on the ground material!

@tconti12 Do they fly glass cockpits in Naples?

Naples just recently changed from the Glass Cockpit G500 Piper Archer, to the Glass Cockpit G1000 Cessna 172. Their Piper Seminoles (Multi Engine) are not glass cockpits.

Are all of Naples 172s G1000? I’m coming in with private which I learned on a 6 pack and want to transition to a G1000 now. On ATP website it says which locations have the g500 archers and seminoles but I can’t find any info on what locations have the G1000 172s, thanks

I just spoke with my buddy in Naples. They only fly G1000. I’m sure it’s possible at some point a mom G1000 Cessna might makes its way through, but they use G1000s.