New CFI, again

Well, let’s see, I graduated from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University back in 1991, with a Bachelor’s in Aeronautical Science. Came out with my CFII ASEL, but living in Upstate NY was not able to find employment at that time.
So I ended up enlising in the U.S. Navy and became a P-3 Orion flight Engineer, loved that job and was able to complete a full 20 years. But as you can guess, my CFI cert expired while I was serving. So after I retired, I tried a few other career choices, but thenI got a message from my youngest son (20) that he never knew I was a pilot. Well, that got the gears turning and I was able to find a flight school near me that was able to give me the required training to be able to get my certificate re-instated.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated…

Rick Berger

Rick,

Happy to give advice, but what is your goal and what is your age?

Chris

Thanks Chris, I’m 50 for now, and I know my time is limited to attempt the majors, but making regionals is my realisitic goal

Rick,

How many hours do you have? So did you get your CFI back and are you current? Info man we need info! :wink:

Adam

I have 301 hours, 58 Multi, 0 dual given.
Yes, I completed my check-ride June 2, Current yes, but not my IPC. Have to get that done sometime when funds allow.

Rick,

That’s good. You have the ME box checked, You need to find an instructor or maybe a low-time light cargo gig and get your 1500hrs ASAP, pick a Regional, get hired and live happily every after. Yes it really is that simple.

Adam

Rick,

I am with Adam on this one. Either get a cargo gig or get your flight instructor certificates and get to your 1,500 hours. Keep a clean record and you should be fine.

Chris