New Student MKC

Raffaele,

I was able to get the PAR, IRA, FII done and I’m so glad that I did. I completed the program in 6 1/2 months with zero checkride failures. I currently instruct at MKC and just eclipsed 700hrs after starting just over a year ago. I just received my CFI gold seal instructor certificate last week.

1 Like

Travis,

Welcome back to the forum, glad to see that you are on the instructing side of things now! Congratulations on the Gold Seal CFI, that is an honorable certificate to have in hand. Have you started considered interviewing with any airlines or cadet programs while you’re building time?

Brady

Brady,

I’ve been recommended for the Breeze embark program and will be interviewing with them. I am also a cadet with Skywest and I am in the Endeavor STEP program. In addition, I’m keeping my eyes and ears open to potential lower time 135 operations that are local here in Kansas City. I’d like to stay in Kansas City but there is no regional or ULCC based here except for Southwest and unfortunately I’ll need to build some turbine time before I can make that jump.

1 Like

Travis I start on July 10th so I’m sure I’ll see you around. How long did it take to get a CFI position at MKC…I to would like to remain local after the program. So I’m interested to see how your career develops. Congrats on finishing even earlier than the 7 months…don’t hear that happening very often. See you soon. Heck maybe you’ll even be instructing me!

Raffaele,

Congrats on your start date! It is a possibility that I will be your instructor. I was lucky in the fact that MKC had an immediate need for instructors as I finished MEI. Finished MEI on a Friday and got the call the very next Monday and was in ATP instructor Indoc the following week. Some instructors had to wait a few months. It all depends on student and instructor load at the time of completion. You are in a good spot with your start date that when you complete the program a lot of us will timing out about that time. We are lucky that a lot of our students choose to come back and instruct at MKC as we have a really good culture here.

1 Like

You also have the option that if an instructor spot is not open, you can choose to go work at flight safety/ops in Jacksonville for 3 months and will get automatically placed at your location if choosing regardless of instructor/student load. A few of our students that just finished are taking that option.

1 Like

It’s good to hear I’m in a good spot. Thanks for the info and I’ll see you soon.