Non U.S. Citizen & Non U.S. Nationals Pilot Training?

Hi,

I’m interested in the Pilot Career Program but am currently not a U.S. Citizen nor have a Green Card. I’ve lived in the U.S. for over 20 years (I am 25 years old now). I’m lawfully permitted to be here, hold a work employment authorization, and my long awaited immigration case for review for a Green Card is in mid 2024.

My question is would I be able to attend the Pilot Career Program as the TSA Flight Training Security Program (FTSP) allows “Non U.S. Citizen & Non U.S. Nationals” to apply and obtain approval to fly an aircraft less than 12,500 pounds.

My goal would be to complete the pilot program and complete my required flight time as I wait for my 2024 date to receive my green card and proceed from there.

Is this a possibility?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Gabe,

ATP requires its students to have their green card or be US Citizens.

Keep in mind while you may be able to do your flight training, you cannot work as a pilot in the US without having one or the other.

Adam

1 Like

Gabe,

I would not do any flight training at all as long as you are not able to legally work in the US as a pilot, which means being a citizen or holding a green card.

Chris