November 2019 Getting rusty

Haven’t posted a schedule for a while because Hawaiian’s InterIsland really isn’t reflective of most “normal” schedules. That said here’s a look at what some seniority, union work and proper staffing can look like:

11/1: RESV No Call
11/2: HNL-OGG-ITO-HNL-ITO-HNL
11/3: RESV No Call
11/4: Off
11/5-9: RESV No Call
11/10: Off
11/11-12: Union Days
11/13-22: Off
11/23-24: RESV No Call
11/25-27: Union Days
11/28: RESV No Call
11/29: Off 30/7
11/30: HNL-LIH-HNL-KOA-LIH-HNL
12/1: HNL-ITO-OGG-HNL-KOA-HNL

Flt time: 11.16hrs Credit 43.09hrs Pay 75hrs

This is so awesome!

Seriously! Lots of paddling, lots of hiking, did a 5 Day Water fast, my tan is back, my beard is long, thinking if this keeps up I may need to open a food truck or something :wink:

3 Likes

I vote for poke!

1 Like

11hrs?!? You’re gonna start to forget where the airport is located :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

What is a “Union Day?”

Duke,

I’m one of our airline’s union pilot representatives and also serve on the Master Executive Council. As a rep I answer pilot questions regarding the contract, represent the pilots with training or discipline issues, and of course your favorite subject, deal with drug and alcohol issues. As an MEC member we make policy and give guidance to the various committees based on the needs and wants of the pilot group.

Every month I get a varying number of union days to cover the work, go to meetings etc. Sometimes that means being on the office, sometimes not.

Adam

1 Like

Shots like this make it difficult for people to post and follow threads seriously. Maybe my “favorite subject” has taken a loved one from me or had caused me or someone I loved to be effected permanently by a loss of someone.

Duke,

It wasn’t a “shot” but simply an observation. You’ve started a couple of threads on the subject of CBD and drug testing. Maybe you’re not the only one who’s been affected or has strong feelings on the subject. I said nothing derogatory, accusatory or negative. IF you have been affected I’m sorry but that doesn’t make you the custodian of the subject nor the judge of what anyone has the right to comment on.

People come on this forum asking a plethora of questions on a variety of subjects. If me pointing out that your attention seems to be focused on one particular area and my mentioning it makes that “difficult for people to post or seriously follow threads” that’s unfortunate but I respectfully disagree.

Adam

2 Likes

I’m all about this idea, what type of food truck are we talking about -

1 Like

The possibilities are endless!

1 Like

I vote for Mexican food truck, but only if it has al pastor shaved right off the spit with pineapple on top.

I actually make a mean al pastor but no spit. You’d be amazed how much of a pain in the butt a spit is health dept wise. Seriously when I had my place years ago I wanted to have one and the regs are a nightmare!

Adam

I have never heard of or had al pastor but after looking it up, it does look pretty good. My mom said that she has had the best Mexican food on the west coast (more specifically California).

Ut oh, time for a cook off.

Al,

No disrespect to mom but I would argue the best Mexican food is found in…(drumroll)…
MEXICO!

Adam

3 Likes

I vote a general dessert truck, both fried & frozen. :heart_eyes: #especiallyFriedOreos

Shouldve specified… The best Mexican food IN THE US! :expressionless::joy::joy::joy:

I gotta say your good, nothing gets past you. I like it though it keeps me honest! :joy:

How about Chili Fritos?
Just call me Big Worm! :wink:

Adam

Chili Fritos?! Well what about the twinkies and the oreos… :frowning:

1 Like