Obtaining Private Pilots License

What is the best way to get your private pilots license. I tried to get it at ATP, however they replied that I must first obtain my private pilot license before I attend ATP. I’m confused.

Donovan,

ATP is a flight school created for people who want to pursue a career in aviation. As such they don’t offer Private Pilot training as a stand alone course. It’s only available as part of the Career Pilot Program. There are thousands of small flight schools all across the country that would be happy to train you for your Private if you’re only looking to fly recreationally or aren’t sure if it’s what you want to do career wise. A simple Google search for flight schools in your area should help.

Adam

Donovan,

You will need to find a local flight school and obtain your PPL there.

Chris

Christ

This is my exact question. We live in Odessa, Fl looking at the Clearwater location for ATP in 2024. Are you able to suggest a local flight school? We did look at a few places but found them a bit disorganized.

Yes, the ATP Clearwater location :wink:

Kidding aside we don’t recommend local flight schools because it simply doesn’t work as you say above.

Adam

1 Like

I am unable to recommend any local flight schools as I simply do not have knowledge of what is available in your area.

Check out this link: Questions For Any Prospective Flight School

Chris