PAR Exam

What items are allowed to be used on the PAR exam?

Pencil, blank paper, plotter, E6-B (mechanical or elec, no phone w/app). The supplement will be provided.

Adam

Eric,

Straight from the Private Pilot Airplane ACS:

Brady

I appreciate the info Adam and Brady.

Eric,

Anytime, please let us know if there is anything else we can help out with.

Brady

Would you guys advise to get a mechanical or electric E6-B?

Eric,

You should learn the mechanic because it is valuable to know, but for testing purpose I would take an electronic one and become familiar with it. There are two nice E6B calculators, both do just fine, they have their small differences.

Brady

Thanks again!

Electric is by far the way to go. Rule #1: pilots like easy and E stands for Easy!

Adam

1 Like

Hi,

I’m currently studying for my PAR and checking these forums nearly everyday. I’ve seen in the posts where memorization is suggested since I’ll learn the material while in the program. Do I actually need to buy one of these calculators for the test?

My slightly optimistic timeline is successful AME appointment next Thursday, enroll with a July 10 start date Friday, get PAR endorsement either that same day or Monday, and then test ASAP. Since I’m looking at a July start date so wasn’t in a rush to buy supplies, but if I need the calculator for the test then I can go ahead and buy it.

Thanks for all the time and energy y’all spend replying. It’s appreciated and super helpful.
Casey

Casey,

It’s helpful on the math portions of the exam but not necessary. I did all my tests on the basic paper one. If you want to splurge, by all means. But not required!

Hannah

Casey,

I would go ahead and get the electronic calculator. It will come in handy later as well.

Chris

Casey,

I would buy an electronic calculator as it’s useful and will help you get answers.

Brady