Pathway options

@zporter92

Sorry I don’t understand your question? Unless I’m missing a typo I didn’t say I didn’t have to pay for housing. I most definitely do.

Here I said I definitely save money on the school side of it as I wouldn’t have to pay for housing and food like I would at MGSU.

1 Like

Rory,

Glad to hear. Just making sure you’ve considered all of your options to find the right fit for you. Hope it all works out in the end.

Tory

Ah sorry the way I read it was that you wouldn’t have to pay for that stuff there, but would at ATP. I’ve been studying since like 11 am so my brain is a little fried!

Either way though you still have to pay for those things via the loan, even at ATP

Yep the very little research I’ve done about ATP I know they have housing for sure I’m not sure if its required I don’t think it is so if you are doing ATP you don’t need to pay for housing. I’m sure there are advantages to staying in their housing though, but that costs money! I will let the mentors who have been through ATP answer that :slight_smile:

For my college I’ll be paying for my housing through a loan.

ATP does offer housing at some locations for an additional charge. It is of course not required for students to take the housing option.

1 Like

Rory,

There’s really nothing to knock and please know I’m not knocking your path but you’re not really hearing what I’m saying. The extra hours on the post are no where near the extra 20% WHICH IS WHY THEY SPELL IT OUT WITH THAT NOTE YOU KEEP IGNORING. As for 100% off their students getting hired by a Regional that’s really nothing to be impressed with in this environment AND you can have all the conditional offers you like until you have the time you’re not going anywhere (and how many grads is that btw? ATP placed over 300 in the last year alone). Yes maybe you can get an instructor gig somewhere but ATP students have a guaranteed instructor position wanting at the location of their choice with the busiest flight school in the country. The Regionals are interviewing people with their PPLs and DUIs! If you have the time and a pulse you’ll get hired these days. What’s impressive is ATP has been getting pilots hired at Regionals longer than MGSU has had an aviation program and their grads were getting hired when getting hired was a challenge.

As for the degree many pilots choose to get theirs while flying for a Regional when they’ll have plenty of downtime and even if they do their 2yr first (vs starting with their PPLs) they still have a year seniority on you.

Rory I wish you luck in your chosen path and all are invited to post their opinions but please get your facts straight and don’t ignore some of the negatives on your side.

Adam

Adam,

Absolutely no ignoring going on here as I stated on my first post that I have NOT been through it all and may not know and wanting to hear others out. The fact you seem to think I’m ignoring the point you keep trying to make is incorrect.

I understand the note at the bottom suggesting it could be up to 20% more than the minimums. That is 20% more than the FAA minimums. The breakdown however underneath the minimums has the suggested additional hours with the total price of the minimums AND the suggested additional hours. I am not guessing on that fact I have met with Gene who heads up the program.

I’m sorry you may think I’m ignoring you and that my facts are not straight however that is incorrect and quite bold.

ATP does indeed offer housing but you have to pay for it.

In my own experience people who head programs like Gene will tell you what you want to hear to reel you in.

A good friend of mine went to Embry though, I’m not trying to say your plan is bad. You have time to research all of that extra stuff at least. Maybe talk to others within the program to see how much their tuitions have ended up costing so far?