Paying for ATP

Hello!

I am currently a flight attendant for ExpressJet…I love my job, but have always wanted to be a pilot. I met with ATP yesterday to go over the program. I knew this would be expensive, and am now trying to figure out how to go about paying for schooling. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to take loans out, or how to go about paying? I am planning on quitting my FA job as soon as I get started to be able to go through ATP full time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Linnea

Hello Linnea and welcome,

First off your name looks familiar? I was at ExpressJet EWR from 2005-2013, maybe we flew together? There are actually many FAs who make the move to the Front Office and most do well. My suggestion is you give ATP a call (800-ALL-ATPS) and ask to speak to someone in finance and they can give you a good idea about options, rates, payments etc. Also many of the Regionals are now offering Tuition Reimbursement which was unheard of when I did my training or even a year ago. Now is a great time to get started.

Adam

There is another Linnea in EWR! I was based there the last few months. I am hoping to get scholarships through Women in Aviation and will also do the tuition reimbursement. Thanks for the advice! I will give ATP a call and go from there!

-Linnea

Cool! Let us know how you make out?

Adam