Physical conditions

I am a Highschool junior . i have type 2 diabetics and doctor said i am over weight , and he also said if i loose my weight i would be cured from diabetics . i have some eye issuses . i use glasses . but from childhood i always wanted to be a pilot . so is it ok to have eye problem for being a pilot ?

Welcome Fahim,
You didn’t mention if you’re in the US or not. If you are, you will need to first see if you can secure a First Class Medical from an AME. If you can’t get a first class, it will limit your job opportunities in the industry significantly.

Here is the link to find the nearest AME to you:
https://www.faa.gov/pilots/amelocator/

-Hannah

Fahim,

Obviously it would be in your best interest to lose weight. Not only so you can be a pilot, but for your overall health and well being.

As for your vision, glasses (and contacts) are fine as long as your vision is correctable to 20/20.

Adam

Fahim,

You need to seek out a FAA doctor to see if you can qualify for a First Class Medical. I wear glasses too, so that will likely not be an issue.

I would encourage you to lose the weight in general. It is not easy, but can be done.

Chris