Physics Requirement

Hello,
My name is Ahmed. I am a community college student and my major is aviation. I will transfer in the fall of 2022 and my question is about science and math courses? I have completed Pre-Calculus, Trigonometry, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Linear Algebra, and Differential Equation. Also, I have completed 1 General Physics course so in order to be an airline pilot do I have to take a higher-level physics class because I am not that good at Physics. Can I be an airline pilot without taking physics classes? Can anyone give me advice on how I can become an airline pilot?

Thank you,
Ahmed

June 26, 2021

Welcome Ahmed,

Short answer is, No. There’s actually no math, science, or physics classes required to be a pilot. Pilots are required to know basic arithmetic, but that’s about it. All of the knowledge required to become a pilot will be provided to you at a flight school.

You must be majoring is math? Or engineering?

Tory

Ahmed,

You can study whatever you like but there are literally no physics or advanced math required to be an airline pilot.

If you can add, subtract, multiply and divide you’re good to go.

Adam

I am majoring in math. Thank you for the advice, Sir

1 Like

Thank you for the advice, Sir

Ahmed,
As a math major you will definitely be overqualified for the basic pilot arithmetic. No need to worry. Let us know if you have any other questions!
-Hannah

Hannah you’re prob right but he’ll do great on Jeopardy.
“Alex I’ll take Norse Gods for $1,000”! :wink:

Adam

2 Likes

Thank you!