Pilot hairstyle

Will this hairstyle be acceptable at airlines?

Emiliano,

Provided the hair is atop the head of a well trained licensed and qualified pilot who satisfies or exceeds the hiring minimums sure.

I do have to point out it might be challenging to maintain such a stylized coiffure while donning and doffing the uniform hat and required headset but hey go for it.

Now that we’ve gotten that taken care of how’s the flight training going?

Adam

I’m actually a junior in high school so I haven’t started yet. I want to be a pilot in the future and this website has been the most reliable source of info and answers for all my questions about aviation. Thank you so much!!!

Emiliano,

When I was a Jr in HS my hair was longer than Jason Mamoa’s in Aquaman and I couldn’t imagine cutting it. I think you may find as you get a little older your priorities tend to shift a little. Enjoy it while you can!

Adam

2 Likes

Really?! I can’t see you with long hair based on the little image next to your name.

I think I read somewhere about you being in a rock band or something like that, is that true?

1 Like

That is true. Before most of you peckerheads were born and long before I was an old crusty airline Capt I was a bass player, lived in England for a couple of years and swore I was going to be the next Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla! It’s been a long strange and wonderful journey :slight_smile:

Adam

2 Likes

That’s pretty awesome not gonna lie😂

Adam,

It has been sixteen years and I continue to learn new things about you :slight_smile:

Chris

3 Likes

Same here

Oh nice, I am a musician myself and love music. It’s why I haven’t lost my mind yet. Here’s my babies (got a keyboard and a drum set as well but not in the picture. My amp and pedalboard is out of the cut as well)

Very nice. One of these days I’ll have to break out my collection and take a pic but I’ve acquired a few more than I need over the years :wink:

Adam

1 Like

I’m curious, what’s the consensus on this style? It’s similar to the one pictured above but with more on the side.
chandler-bing.jpg-9538

If you don’t know where this is from, it’s a character from Friends, I’m a big fan of the show.

Dan,

I would say this is too long. Think military officer style hair, that is what the airlines want to see.

Chris

2 Likes

Asked by you and answered by me days ago.

Please scroll up and look.

Adam

What about this one.
IMG_20190317_205436|274x406

Jordan,

I am curious, are you serious or making a joke?

Chris

Im serious because i know guys with long hair with passion of being a pilot. I know in the military the would trim it off but not sure about civillian flying.

Jordan,

Have you ever seen a pilot (in the US) with hair like that?

Tory

Jordan,

Your friend would need to decide if he’s got a greater passion for flying or for his man bun.

Adam

Now I’am curious…how do female pilots keep their hair?