Post highschool

I’m attending an aviation boces program at the moment which gets me free flight hours. Would it be better to work a job and pay for flight school like that or attend an aviation college and get my requirements through that

Frank,

Out of curiosity, which BOCES program are you attending?

I would actually recommend neither of your two options. An aviation college will be incredibly expensive and take too long while trying to do it piece mail will have the same results. I recommend that you go to college, finish a degree in something like business administration and then go to a fast track school. This is the most efficient and economical way to get all of your licenses and a degree.

Also, take a look around this website, including the FAQ section as a lot of your questions have probably already been answered.

Chris

Frank,

I’d need to know how far the training will take you at Boces as far as licences and ratings?

Adam

I believe that BOCES will take the student as far as the PPL checkride, but no further.

Boces does only meet requirements for a PPL license. What are some fast track schools? I don’t know of many

Frank,

Nothing wrong with earning a free PPL. My next question is what kind of a degree will/can you earn from Boces (I’m sorry I’m not very familiar). The reason I’m asking is if you’re only going to earn your PPL and not finish with at least a 2yr degree there’s not much point continuing IF you want to be an airline pilot.

As for Fast Track schools, if you look at the top of this forum you will clearly see the “ATP” logo. This is ATPs forum and all of the mentors are former ATP students, instructors and overall big fans of the program. We’re not salesman and not here to sell anyone on anything BUT we ALL did our research and ALL concluded there was no better flight school than ATP. I encourage you to do some research and I believe you’ll come to the same conclusion.

Adam

I don’t earn any degree from Boces it’s a high school program and I’m only a junior. But I receive college credits through it so it’s more like just an exposure to the industry. So I’m trying to get a head start on what to do in two years so I’m not lost but so far you’re info has been very helpful, thank you.

Frank,

Listen if you can come out with a HS diploma and your Private then I say that’s a great thing and keep doing what you’re doing.

Adam

Frank,

ATP is a fast track school, a Google search will show others. Which BOCES are you attending?

Chris

I’m currently attending Nassau Boces

Frank,

Well when you go to class next time, say hello to Mr. Carey for me, he is my uncle :slight_smile:

Chris

2 Likes

No way! Small world, Mr.Carey says hello.