Ppl checkride complete

What a day to be bringing an update to all the people of the forum. As of this afternoon I was given the signature and handshake of passing the private checkride. I know I mentioned my previous struggles but I am happy to announce that I got them solved and was able to make it through the oral and flight protion of the checkride. Very excited to move forward onto IFR training and keep the ball rolling.

Jawad

4 Likes

Jawad,

Awesome news, congratulations! Clearly you learned what you needed to do to be successful and implemented those skills well. Good work, keep it up.

Chris

Congrats Jawad! Keep up the great work!

Adam

Jawad,
Congrats! You’re officially a pilot!
Plus you got that first checkride out of your system and know what to expect from here on out. Take the lessons from this first phase and apply them to every phase to come and you’ll be successful!
-Hannah

Jawad,

This is definitely a huge victory for you and I hope you find time to celebrate before you start tackling the instrument phase!

Tory

Thank you everyone it was definitely a very proud moment for me. I am happy I was able to get it done.
As for time to celebrate, I had a solid 16 hours. Started instrument this morning to keep up with the pace of the program. I think I got the best night of sleep yet since I started the program so that was a plus.

Jawad

2 Likes

Quick little update, it has now been 27 days since passing the ppl checkride and I am now deep into instrument training. Just this passed weekend passed the IRA and FII. Now I feel a great deal of stress relieved and I am getting myself fully prepared for the oral and flight. Very excited to keep the ball rolling and bringing more updates soon.

Jawad

5 Likes

Jawad,

I am glad to hear you are doing well and have passed two more writtens. Thank you for the update, please let us know how the check ride goes.

Chris

Jawad,
Nice job getting that IRA and FII out of the way. Now your sole focus can be prepping for the upcoming checkride. I imagine it’s coming up pretty soon? I’m sure you’ve heard of the pilots cafe instrument packet. Make sure you know that front to back (that’s the nuts and bolts of the oral) and then use the ACS/oral study guide books to fill in the rest of your knowledge. Let us know how it goes!

-Hannah

Chris,

Thank you and I will for sure keep you updated on the checkride.

Hannah,

Pilots Cafe has become my new bestfriend. As of the moment my checkride is scheduled for April 7th, so my head is down in the books getting ready to ace that oral and keep the ball rolling.

Jawad

Jawad,

Big congrats on those AKTs, you studied hard, and it paid off! Keep up your hard work moving forward in your progress; Every day is a new day, and what comes with a new day is new challenges and experiences that will only benefit you in your training.

Brady

Today was the day. Now just about a month and a half later after receiving my private pilots license I was able to get an instrument checkride in. After hours of endlessly studying the oral was quite smooth and not as long as I expected. The dpe and I were both a little concerned by this mornings weather and the fact that it was forecasted to trend down for the time of the flight. Thankfully when it came time to do the flight we had a nice gap and were able to get out and get the flight in. Fortunately for me we were on an ifr flight plan the whole time so there was a lot of work taken off my hands that I know others had to do once they cancelled ifr. We even were actual imc for a good portion of the flight (though I still had the foggles on the whole time). There was a moment were the dpe had to take the controls and I quickly thought to myself that’s it this is over, but he mentioned there was a flock of seagulls. That was a big relief to hear. Overall a wonderful experience on this checkride and with the dpe. Happy to say that I am instrument rated and I am ready to keep the progress rolling.

6 Likes

Jawad,

Proud of the hard work and time you put into this over the last month and half. I know the weather was a tough one this last month and delayed a few things, your hardwork paid off. Congratulations Jawad!! Keep on working hard and studying, crew is a lot of fun, you’ll make some of the best experiences and memories while on crew.

Brady

Jawad,

Congratulations!! You made fast work of that, I am so happy that it went well for you. Thank you for the update, please keep them coming!

Chris

Nice work Jawad! The IR can definitely be a bear!

Much kudos and keep up the good work!

Adam

Congrats, Jawad!

Tory

Thanks everyone! Especially a big thanks to @Brady for keeping me on top of my game.

Jawad

Jawad congratulations! That’s one of the tougher rides. Seems like yesterday you were soloing and now you’re an instrumented rated pilot. Enjoy the crew phase! It’s the first time you get a taste of what a day in the life of an airline pilot feels like. Multiple legs a day, working as a crew and layovers in new cities.
-Hannah

As I find a moment to breathe I figured I’d give a little update as to my status in the program. So after passing my instrument check ride I spent three days at home awaiting a schedule for crew. After some back and forth calls with flight ops they found a partner and provided me information as to what my schedule would be. Day one I was airlined out to Georgia and met my partner at KMCN, she was all ready to go once I got there. We had our first leg over to Meridian, Mississippi KMEI. From there we sat for a few hours due to wind. Luckily got out in time to make it to Hammond, Louisiana KHDC. Spent the night there and got out before high winds came in and got into Conroe, Texas KCXO. Spent the next day on the ground due to high winds. Got a message later in the day that I was switching partners to an instructor out of Conroe. This was a blessing as weather minimums were lifted now that I was with an instructor. Spent the next two days taking a plane to Gwinnett County, Georgia. Picking up a plane and flying it back to Conroe. I found myself back at the same hotel I was in just two days prior. Following morning I had a short flight with a student to Georgetown, Texas KGTU. Had a nice little sit and met my new partner and we flew to Shreveport, Louisiana KSHV. After returning to to Georgetown we got the green light that the two of us were done. I was ecstatic. Caught a very early airline home the next day and got a couple days off. I got really lucky only being stuck on the road for five days. Overall a great experience. As of today I passed the CAX and am starting TAA training in the commercial phase. The ball is rolling and it isn’t going to stop now. Look forward to bringing more updates soon.

Jawad

4 Likes

That sounds like an AWESOME experience! That’s pretty much what it’s like on the line. Plane swaps, crew swaps, deadhead, hotel. I’m glad you got to experience a good variety.

Tory

1 Like