Ppl checkride complete

Nice job again Jawad! As Tory said, sounds like a day in the line. Good practice :wink:

Adam

Jawad,

Such an awesome experience to get hopping between state boundaries like you did, lots of flight time and actual experience of true cross-country flying where you have the ability of demonstrating everything taught at the training center level to real-life scenarios. Very proud to see your progress forward, keep on working hard and good things will come. Up next is your commercial checkride then off to CFI school.

Brady

Jawad,

Awesome! Pretty crazy to see how far you’ve come in just a short time. Flying across the country as PIC without an instructor. Take a moment to celebrate that! TAA is your first introduction to an Automated flight deck and in just a short time you’ll be a commercial pilot. Things are happening fast. Keep us updated and good luck!

Hannah

Jawad,

That sounds like some real airline style flying there. I am glad you had a good time. Thank you for the update.

Chris

Thank you everyone it was an awesome experience. Nice to get a taste of what airline life is like. I’m sure the airlines are slightly more organized. Looking forward to the next steps.

Jawad

You’d be surprised :wink:

1 Like

Ha! Just you wait and see :slight_smile:

Adam

Well it’s time for another update. Today I was able to get my commercial check ride in. Unlike every other day in Trenton it was dead calm. Oral went as well as it could have and got ready to fly. We started off by doing one lap at Trenton but the pattern filled up quick so we left to do our maneuvers and landings at N87. Boy I can’t tell how much I wish it was windier but we made do with what we had. Happy to say I got the handshake and cert at the end of the day. I will say this was probably the most stressed I had been for a checkride yet. Due to some planned days off I will be doing commercial multi first before cfi. So I am excited to get some multi engine experience and work toward that. Till next time.

Jawad

6 Likes

Congrats again Jawad but I have to ask. You said “Boy I can’t tell how much I wish it was windier but we made do with what we had”. Why?

Adam

Adam

Pretty much all my training flights were in high wind conditions which made it easier in my opinion to do short field and power off 180s. Just took more concentration to really work with the conditions of today.

Jawad

Jawad,

Not sure I’d agree with “easier” so much as what you were used to. That said clearly you were able to adapt and were successful so nice job.

Adam

Jawad,

Nice! The commercial single maneuvers are the trickiest. Glad to see you got it done even with different conditions than you trained in. That ability will serve you well in this career. Have fun with the Seminole! It really is a fun airplane.

Hannah

Jawad,

Congratulations! You are now a professional pilot! Thank you for the update, you will be finished before you know it.

Chris

The power-off 180 maneuver is a tricky maneuver regardless of the wind conditions. As every good pilot does, you adapted to the current conditions and got the job done. Well done, sir.

Tory

Jawad,

Congrats on the Commercial certificate! Your hardwork and drive to do the best you can, will serve you well in the coming stages of the program. Enjoy the Seminole, it’s like a rocket ship once you go “Heels to the Floor” on the takeoff roll.

Brady

Another quick update as of Sunday May 29, I completed the commercial multi engine checkride. I will say it was a bit of a challenge after only having about seven hours. It was probably the most hectic and study filled week of ATP I’ve had yet. I look forward to having a few days off for my sisters wedding then get right back on the rollercoaster for cfi ground on the thirteenth.

Jawad

4 Likes

Another one down! Congrats @JawadB!!

I think that’s the most difficult ride in terms of the amount of knowledge you need to learn and master in such a short period of time.

Enjoy your time off, it’s well deserved.

Hannah

1 Like

Nice work Jawad!

Best wishes to your sister.

Adam

1 Like

Jawad,

Big congrats on the CMEL Add-On! Up next, CFI. Keep up the hardwork and determination with moving forward.

Loved the shirt by the way, the vibrant pink is the way to go.

Brady

2 Likes

Jawad,

Congratulations! The Seminole is a great airplane to fly, I hope you enjoyed your time in it. Good luck with CFI, you are near the finish line.

Chris

1 Like