Program start

Quick question on intrance into the program, I got my confirmation number from the FAA for my flight physical. I will be getting that complete…I hope, lol . I do have 26 hours of college, my DD214. And will be applying for financing. I feel confident, but wanted to know if I’m missing something. My goal is to start in TKI McKinney. Another question was exactly how does the financing work? Will I get any living expenses off that? Any advice will be well taken. Thanks for your time!!

CJ

CJ,

Definitely check with ATP admin but you should be fine with that. When you apply for the loan they’ll ask you how much you want/need? If you need living expenses you have to ask for more money than just the program cost. Entirely up to you.

Adam

1 Like

CJ,

I’m not following. Flight physical? Do you mean you submitted your 8500
form and received a confirmation number for the submission? Or are do you
actually have to demonstrate a specific ability in flight?

Also 26 hours of college? Do you mean credits? ATP requires a minimum of 2
years of college experience or equivalent. Have you spoken to admissions to
see if you qualify?

Financial guidance can be found on ATP’s website and by picking up the
phone and calling the ATP Finance Depot. I suggest you look at ATP’s Loan
Calculator to figure out how much you need to ask for.

https://atpflightschool.com/financing/sallie-mae-application-faq.html

Tory

1 Like

Ok, thanks Adam! Very helpful!

Ok Tory, thank you, yes I meant credits but I also have the related experience. I will definitely check and make sure all is going in the right direction. Thank you!

CJ

Oh, and yes the confirmation number. I’m assuming it’s the same one or similar to the AF one I took for flight status.

I apparently can’t type/ think today either! Lol

CJ