Prospects with an old DUI

I am currently enrolled at Liberty University and will be starting flight training after my pregnancy.i have an old DUI that is almost 10 years old. I blew less then half the legal limit if I were three months older (almost 21). Obviously, I was in the wrong, but I am still concerned with a future career as a pilot. I am almost 30 now and never had any issues prior to this one or anything since. Is it to far fetched to continue on this path? I have already started the paperwork necessary to allow me into Canada, so that should not be an issue.

I would check out the “Misdemeanor or criminal conviction” thread on this forum It has some great info.good luck to you:)

Brittany,

What have your counselors at Liberty told you?

Chris

Canada? Are you a US citizen? This ATP site is for US citizens and permanent residents, ATP does not enroll foreign students.

"Canada? Are you a US citizen? This ATP site is for US citizens and permanent residents, ATP does not enroll foreign students".

Julia,

US citizens with DUIs or other offenses are not permitted entry into Canada which can be an obvious problem for a pilot. Brittany was referring to taking the necessary steps to gain admission in the future (which is a smart idea).

While all are welcome to comment, we’d appreciate you not telling others what they can or cannot do or who this forum is for (particularly if you’re not correct). That’s for the mentors and moderators.

Adam

2 Likes