Pursuing undergrad degree

Hi everyone,

I’m currently a freshman in college looking to study finance as my undergrad degree. The school I attend (Middle Tennessee State University) has an Aerospace Professional Pilot degree program. I was wondering whether it would be more useful for me to pursue the finance degree and have that as my backup career, or pursue the degree in Aerospace Professional Pilot. I heard MTSU has a great flight program and they also just partnered with Delta Airlines that gives selected students a path to employment at Delta. If I could get some opinions on which possible option would be better I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

Adam, Chris and all can go ahead and add their input, but I will add a thought too. If you do the professional pilot degree, I feel like you are putting all of your eggs in one basket. If you have a health problem come up, or the economy takes a weird shift, you would probably struggle trying to find a job with that degree. I am finishing up my major in Actuarial Science as a backup just in case. I’m sure most people who do the professional pilot degree end up not having issues down the road, but for me it isn’t worth the risk.

Andrew,

I would pursue the finance degree and do my flight training separately. In this day and age, everybody has a partnership with some regional that eventually leads to a major. Everybody. What I can tell you is that I have been flying for a long time and I have never once met a pilot that came from MTSU.

Chris

Thanks guys!