Question 16

I am 14 years old right now and my dream job is to become a pilot. Is there anything I can do now to be prepared to become a pilot?

Lily,

While I appreciate your enthusiasm and desire to get started, at 14 there’s only so much you can do. Really the best thing you can and should do is work hard and do well in HS and continue that into college. Airlines like pilots with a solid educational background and that’s something you can do right now.

If you’re really interested in aviation as a whole you could also contact your local Civil Air Patrol. The CAP is kind of like the scouts with airplanes. While there is a military theme, the focus is on aviation and they offer many free courses both online and in the classroom that you may find interesting and could give you some early foundation. https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/

Adam

Lily,

I agree with everything Adam said. Be sure to check out our FAQ section as well. Frequently Asked Questions - Airline Pilot Life

Tory

Hang on, I’m just going to sit here and take this in for a while… :slight_smile:

Adam

Lily,

The best thing you can do right now is to do well in school and focus on your grades. The major airlines will want to see a college degree from a reputable school, so it is best to get good grades now.

Chris

I reread everything to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Yep. Looks good.

Tory

1 Like