Question about paying for training materials

To me it is ANR in general, with Bose being worse than others.

Got it. I guess I’ll just have to try it and see how it feels!

Let us know what you end up buying, I will be curious to know.

This seems to be the appropriate thread to post this. I have run into a situation with the finance department.

I am wanting to start the career program with credit for my private, about $90k I requested and approved for about $120k, with the intentions of using what’s left over to supplement my income as a student and instructor. The finance department said they cannot certify the full amount I requested because there is a cap on the living expenses.

Has anybody else heard of this, or maybe help me understand why I cannot use the full amount SalieMae approved me for? I could not get an answer from over the phone with ATP.

Clayton,

I’m no expert and would encourage you to speak directly with ATP finance but what you need to understand these loans are unsecured and the lender going close to 50% over the training costs doesn’t give them the warm fuzzies.

On a positive note between Tuition Reimbursement and hiring bonuses you’ll be able to pay this loan off in record time which should ease the burden.

Adam

Clayton,

The finance people are the experts, they have to work within the confines of the bank’s policies. Ask to speak to Kirk specifically if you still have unanswered questions.

Chris

Clayton,

I would reach out to Kirk at ATP’s Finance Department, 904-595-7946 or finance@atpflightschool.com.

As Adam mentioned, Tuition Reimbursement and Sign-on Bonuses are a huge help in getting those that need a little “pick-me up” boost when it comes to financials:

Brady