Ready for a new adventure?

Hi everyone,
After 6 months of research on everything airline and aviation, I have finally decided to take the leap!
I just put in my notice at my job. I spent the last 10 years building my career in healthcare and now I’m ready to start a new adventure!
The goal is to start training in early June!

I just wanted to say thank you for all of you that take time out of your busy days to write and post on this forum. It’s been so instrumental for me to be able to get to this point and feel prepared enough to know what’s ahead. I’ve read your comments on your fears and anxieties about leaving your careers to get into this crazy field. I’ve read your advices on the studying workload to expect. I’ve also shared your excitement for those of you that were finishing up your first solos or getting ready to start at a Regional. I can’t wait until I’m at that point!

What an insane journey ahead! I still can’t believe I’m doing this, but I’m excited and ready to put the work in! Thank you all!

3 Likes

Juliana,
Congratulations! You’ve taken the biggest and most difficult step. One that many dream about but only some actually do. We’re happy you’re here and feeling motivated from those on the forum. The aviation world is a small one and the ATP community is unlike anything else. Plus from one female aviator to a future one, welcome!! Please let us know if you have any questions on your next steps and securing your class date. Like I said, we’re here to help for every step of the way!
-Hannah

1 Like

Thank you so much Hannah! I appreciate the encouragement! Please keep posting content! Your last comment about dress code for women going in for an interview was so helpful! I would’ve missed the mark completely! Got a long way until I’m at that point but clearing as much information in the meantime

1 Like

Juliana,

Good news on making this decision. Now I have to ask, June is a long way away from now. Have you actually applied to the program, or for financing? How to you intend to use the time between now and then?

Thank you for your kind words concerning the forum, it is nice to know that what we do here is appreciated. Please update us as your prepare for, and go through, the program.

Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris,
Thank you for reaching out and for the question.
I have to re-apply. I did it once months back but i wasn’t ready to commit yet. I have my 1st class medical and i had already been approved thru Sallie Mae. But I’m going to be looking around for other loan options to see if there are better rates out there then i will submit my application and deposit to start in June.
In the upcoming months I’ll be getting my life together to prep. I’ll be moving out of state and living with a family member while i go to school to save on rent. In also cutting back some unecessary no they expenses to save some money… Ultimately I’m getting myself financially ready to start.
I’ll be submitting everything soon so i can start getting training materials and access to things to start studying ahead of time and getting my written exams out of the way.
If there’s anything else you recommend, please let me know.

Juliana,

It sounds like you have a decent idea of what to do. With so much time available, you should be able to finish all of the written exams. As soon as you get your deposit placed, that material will become available to you.

Chris

1 Like

Juliana,
Thank you, I’m glad to hear that! I’ll do my best to always provide a female perspective when there is one!
Sounds like you have a great game plan for the coming months! Don’t worry about the rates. They are what they are because its an unsecured loan. However, you are able to refinance it as many times as you like as your financial situation changes. Most people start between 7-11% interest rate and by the time they are instructing or at the regionals they can get it down to a much more manageable 3-4%.
-Hannah