Ready to hit the ground running

Hey everybody!

This is really just a hype post because I’m excited to get started Sep. 6th at KDAB! Over the past 3 months, I’ve taken 7 written exams and got myself set up financially to not worry about working during the program. Housing is set and I’m starting to review some of the ATP manuals and watching videos on the G1000.

A little background on me, I am 24 and have a degree in mechanical engineering and my PPL. I started flying gliders in 2018 which is what initially got me hooked into aviation, and then eventually got my PPL at a local university. I gave up the office job about a year ago and started working at a local airport and received more exposure to this industry than I ever thought I could have in a year. Especially the corporate/business side of aviation. Anyway, I’m looking forward to jumping in and will try to keep an update on my progress!

Also, in case anybody is just getting started and is thinking about getting the writtens done early this is the order I took them in that felt pretty cohesive and flowed. Sheppard air is the real champ here…

(PPL, IRA, FII, IGI, CAX, FIA, AGI, FOI)

3 Likes

Forrest,

Thanks for the post. It definitely looks like you’re setting yourself up for success. You did very excited as you should be. Keep up posted and as always if you have any questions feel free.

Adam

Hi Forrest!

An excellent start on your part heading into Day 1 of training. Excited to be by your side through the program.

Thanks for the post. It’s encouraging to see people set good examples for the next generation.

Tory

Forrest,

Very impressing having all of the writtens done, great work! I did the same thing and found that it really helped me.

Please do keep us updated on your progress :slight_smile:

Chris

Forrest,

Having the writtens completed ahead of schedule is going to make your life so-ooo much easier being that you will be able to focus more on the flying and studying of the airplane systems and maneuver flows. Having your AGI and IGI completed is a step ahead of where I was!

Sounds like you have set yourself up for success, best of luck during your program, enjoy every minute of it…it goes by fast! Welcome to the family - please let us know if you have any other questions.

Brady

Hey everybody!

Just wanted to check back in a couple of months later on my progress with ATP. I passed my last check ride in the program (MEI) this past Saturday and was offered a job as an instructor with ATP this morning. The pace is certainly fast and I am still processing the past couple of months but I am certainly grateful for the experience I had. The DAB location is a real gem with quality instructors, TSS, maintenance personnel, and line guys that really go out of their way to teach and welcome you in. The friends I’ve made here feel like family and I am excited to share my experiences with my students moving forward. If anybody has any questions regarding my experience or the DAB location specifically please feel free to reach out I’d love to help.

Forrest

1 Like

Congrats Forrest! You obviously did well as you were offered a position which is awesome. Keep checking those boxes and the good work and you’ll be sporting some stripes before you know it.

Adam

Forrest,

Congratulations! I am so thrilled that you have decided to instruct with ATP. That is a good career move that will serve you well.

Thank you for updating us, please continue to do so as you progress through your career.

Chris

Hey Forrest!

Congratulations on your well earned success my friend.

I love it. We don’t hear from you for six months and now you’re done :grin: I see you :wink:

Tory

Forrest,

Congratulations on your MEI ride and completing the program! :clap:

Please keep us up to date with what you choose next for you and your career.

Brady

Congratulations Forrest! What a huge accomplishment. You should be proud of how far you’ve come. In a way, it’s the end but really just a new beginning to the next big chapter in your aviation career! Please keep us updated on your future progress!
-Hannah